Sunday, June 5, 2011

The New LOVE of My Life: MAC Face and Body Foundation!!

I have been on the prowl for the perfect foundation. I recently went back to my original drugstore love, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in cocoa dark 3. However, even though this foundation leaves a flawless look, it does look like you have on makeup. More often than not when you're wearing makeup, it will look like it....but it doesn't have to really LOOK like it (if you get what I'm trying to say). Anyway, it's the summer time and I wanted a foundation that would give me a natural dewy look with not so much coverage. Where I live it gets HOT in the summer months and I really didn't want to look like my foundation was sliding off my face!! Who wants that!?

So, without further adieu...I'd like to introduce you to MAC's Face and Body Foundation!!! I found this just looking on their website. I had heard of it before but I didn't pay it any attention because of the "body" in the title. But when in doubt, turn to youtube! I logged on and found some GREAT reviews on this product. So, I went ahead and purchased it. Best decision in my life!

Now, I must admit, I really didn't try it on in the store. I just asked what color I would be, they told me, I bought it! I knew what finish I was looking for (kind of a light-medium coverage) and they assured me that that was what I was going to get.

I already had on makeup for the day because I was going out with my husband. So, I waited until the next day to do a full face.....but when I did.....words cannot even describe the joy that overtook me!! It gave me such a natural look. It's almost like your face still looks like your face but a more polished version. BEAUTIFUL. Even my husband commented telling me my face looks so nice lol.

STATS:
  • It's very watery when it first comes out. But with application it becomes almost gel-like so you need to work it in fast.
  • The color match is not a big deal because the coverage is so light.
  • It comes with 4oz. of product (unlike the other foundations by MAC which are 1oz.
  • It's important to find the right brush to apply it with. Otherwise the product will just be absorbed.
  • Must be shaken before use because it does separate.
  • Beautiful dewy finish
  • Does not feel like you have on make-up
  • May or may not be set with powder
  • $32. Just $7 more than MAC's other foundations with 3 more oz.!!
Overall, this is my favorite new foundation. I LOVE IT!!! I will be posting a tutorial soon on my channel!



I chose the ELF Flat top powder brush to apply. It worked the product in beautifully!

Kisses,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment